- 1 cup Rava/ Semolina
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 3 cups Water
- A pinch of orange food powder (Kesari powder)
- A pinch of Saffron
- 10 Cashew Nuts
- 10 Raisins
How to Prepare Microwave Rawa Kesari
- In a heavy bottom pan dry roast Rava/semolina for a few minutes stirring it constantly till a sweet aroma is released and the color changes to mild golden. Take it out and keep aside.
- Now heat 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter in the same pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside.
- In a separate pan heat 3 cups of water. Make sure to always use hot water so that no lumps are formed and the Rava gets cooked completely.
- To the remaining ghee add the remaining clarified butter, Rava/semolina, and fry for few minutes.
- Now add the boiling water to the Rava/semolina mixture and a pinch of orange food powder and saffron. Keep stirring constantly.
- After the Rava/semolina gets cooked completely, add sugar and mix well till it dissolves. Now add cardamom powder.
- Garnish Rava Kesari with cashews nut, raisins, and serve hot.