- 6 bread slices
- 1 liter - milk (approx.)
- 100-150 gms - sugar
- 200 or more gms - khoya
- 6 cardamoms
- 20 almonds, chopped
- 20 cashew nuts
- 20 pistachios, chopped
- a few strands of saffron
- kewra essence
How to Make Microwave Shahi Tukra
- Toast bread slices in a microwave oven.
- Boil the milk in a 3-litre bowl on 80% power for 15 mins. Boil for more time if you like it extra thick.
- Powder the sugar and cardamom together and add to the milk along with khoya, saffron strands and kewra essence.
- Mix well and microwave on 80% power for 10 mins stirring once.
- Arrange the toasted bread slices in a flat serving dish and pour the reduced milk mixture over them.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and allow to cool completely.
- Serve chilled.