- 1 cup – Bengal gram
- 1 cup – water
- 1 cup – jaggery (powdered)
- 2 tsp – poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup – dry coconut (grated)
- lmonds, cashews, raisins for garnishing
- 5 tsp – ghee
How to Make Sweet Dal
- Cook Bengal gram by adding water in pressure cooker.
- After removing it from the cooker, cook it directly for 5 more mins.
- Fry the poppy seeds for 2 mins.
- Melt jaggery in a little water and let it boil.
- To this add poppy seeds, dry coconut, ghee and let everything boil.
- Now add cooked Bengal gram and keep it on low flame for 5 mins.
- Finally garnish with fried cashewnuts, raisins and almonds.